Monday, April 14, 2008

More About Me! :)

BIO


My name is Kimani, and I am 12 years old. I live in Bronx, New York City, NY, and have lived there for most of my life. I go to school in Brooklyn, and I am in 6th grade. I take a special interest in science, and especially astronomy. I am also interested in history, especially Egyptology. I play the piano, the flute, the gyll (an African xylophone), steel pan, and a little bit of the djembe (an African drum). I like to play outside, read, and occasionally, watch a little bit of TV and play video games. When I grow up, I want to be an astronomer and astrophysicist. I have an interest in the environment. This is something that I care a lot about, and nothing can stop me from caring about it. When I was 5 years old, I realized that there was something wrong with the environment, and I wanted to help fix it. I thought that adults were messing up the world, and when the next generation takes over, there will not be much left for us to have, and it will be difficult enough just to pick up the pieces. I thought up something called One Earth Heart. One Earth Heart is an organization that is dedicated to saving the environment and helping mankind meet it’s goal. We are at a crucial turning point in history, and we need to make sure that everyone is correct in choices as we keep walking. I have always been disturbed at the unfairness of the world, and One Earth Heart is here to correct that too. There are certain places in the world that do things to get food that other places in the world would not even dream about doing, but they have to do it, even though they might not like it either. If they don’t do it, there might not be any other way to get food for your family. Some of these things involve children doing strange or extreme things, like fighting each other at the age of 5 to put food on the table for their families. This is the kind of unfairness that One Earth Heart hopes to vanquish.

No comments: